- Football – All you need to know about America’s best sport
- A brief guide to football betting – tips to boost your chances
- Why trust our betting tips? We’re the real deal
- Our key to success: The tools we use to analyze the daily betting market
- Things you should think about before placing a football bet – worth keeping in mind
- Our Top 5 tips for finding your favorite bookie for football
- Useful football betting tip vocabulary – some commonly seen betting terms
- Conclusion – you’re all set to bet on football
- Football betting tips FAQ
Football – All you need to know about America’s best sport
Football, known as American Football outside the US and Canada, is America’s favorite sport. The National Football League is the highest level of the sport, showcasing the best football stars in the world. The NFL also has the best average attendance in the sporting world, with over 67,000 attending an NFL game on average.
The NFL season usually kicks off in August/September with a few weeks of preseason match ups. An 18-week regular season follows, with each of the 32 teams playing 17 games each. At its culmination, based on the standings, seven teams from each conference progress to the playoffs. Finally, the NFC and AFC champions face off in the Super Bowl extravaganza. The Super Bowl is usually the most-watched television of the year, with the Super Bowl halftime show featuring performances of the best pop stars.
However, American Football is not just limited to the pro-level NFL. Instead, unlike any place else, the college level of the game attracts as much fanfare as the pros. Also, in states without an NFL franchise, their college team usually has the most fan following, even ahead of NFL teams. Hence, with the absence of any significant minor football leagues, college football is considered second-tier to the NFL.
A brief guide to football betting – tips to boost your chances
Football betting is one of the star markets in American sportsbooks and DFS games. Hence, you can find abundant betting options and a variety of operators with varying odds. So, if you’re looking for football betting markets and betting tips today, then the following football betting predictions from our experts can help you.
- Follow the leagues carefully, including the recent form of players and teams, injuries, etc. It is important to stay informed on the current happening in the football universe before going hunting for football betting tips and predictions. This will help you to make informed decisions instead of blindly following tips and tipsters.
- However, there are 32 teams in the NFL alone, and it is impracticable to remember each stat. So, easy access to such information is essential, especially if you are into live betting. You can bookmark trusted websites that provide football stats and information. Some professional bettors also tend to keep regularly updated stats packs to enhance accuracy in their calculations.
- Bonuses are a great way of increasing your winnings. Since the online sportsbook market in the US is very competitive, operators are very generous with bonuses and promotions. This is in addition to specials on NFL games like boosted odds, player specials, exclusive combos, etc. So, it is crucial to check out different operators regularly for such bonuses or specials.
Why trust our betting tips? We’re the real deal
Nowadays, you can find a sea of so-called betting tipsters, with some even claiming access to inside information from the teams. However, it is essential to realize that anyone can claim to be an expert on any subject in the current scope of social media. So, it is vital to ensure your tipster is genuine and an expert in the field.
You’ll find it’s very different with our NFL betting expert picks. That’s because our football betting tip experts put in a lot more effort before picking out their football betting tips for today. First, they analyze fixtures and teams, both statistically and tactically, to determine the best betting market for a particular matchup. This includes studying critical factors like the recent form of teams and players, H2H results and history, player availability, etc., for each fixture.
We can confidently say that all of our football betting tips have been formulated after expert research, which includes statistical and tactical analyses from football experts. So even though football betting is a game of chance, with enough research and our tips, you can undoubtedly get better chances of beating the bank.
Our key to success: The tools we use to analyze the daily betting market
Now that you understand the importance of research, let’s look into some of the key areas our expert analysts focus on while formulating betting tips.
The current form of teams is one of the first factors our experts consider and not just for football either. The same methods of analysis would apply equally to our soccer betting tips and predictions. This is not just limited to their recent result but includes various factors like how they performed in those games both tactically and statistically, standout players, recurring plays, home/away form, etc. This information is vital when choosing bets in money lines, totals, and spreads.
The recent performances and availability of key players like the QB is also a crucial factor to consider. For example, the unavailability of first-team players and a lack of quality in depth can hinder a teams’ chances significantly. The 2020 Super Bowl was a clear exhibition of this. The Chiefs had a chunk of their Offensive Line injured, and resulted in the them failing to score a single touchdown.
Betting markets and odds
Even though sportsbooks in the US will offer spreads, money lines, and totals for football games, additional markets like player specials, combos, and bet builders differ according to the bookie. In addition, the odds for these markets will also vary, with some sportsbooks also offering boosted odds for certain events. You should find that bookies have plenty of different betting markets for all of the most popular sports, not just football. So, if you were following our NBA betting tips for example, picking the right bet and knowing where to place it is just as important.
Top US betting providers
- Quality markets
- Super simple navigation
- Incredible odds
- NBA, MLB, NHL
- Good range of markets
- Live betting
- Bet on the go with the superb app
- Well-designed and organised
- Plenty of great bonus offers
- Huge variety of markets available
- Plenty of Odds Boosts available
- Watch live matches on the go
- A trusted bookie since 1997
- Incredible range of betting markets
- Excellent odds boosts
Things you should think about before placing a football bet – worth keeping in mind
Football betting is a meticulous process that requires careful research and statistical analysis. Irrespective of whether you plan to follow experts for football betting tips or research on your own, the following points will help you.
The best odds
As mentioned earlier, there is fierce competition among online sportsbooks in the US. Hence, bookies offer competitive odds in addition to specials like boosted odds, enhanced combos, etc., to attract bettors. So, whether you’re following our football betting tips or our baseball betting tips, before you place any bets, compare the odds for the particular market from different bookies and also keep an eye out for enhanced odds markets.
Sportsbooks in the US offer an abundance of betting markets for football, especially for NFL games. Traditional markets include choosing the winner, spread, points scored, etc. You can also place bets on live matches, like which team scores the next touchdown, field goal success, QB successful passes or yards, etc. Football betting markets are endless, and you can place bets on most events, both inside and outside the pitch. Opportunities are limitless as the space, so invest time to research well and bet only when you’re confident in your analysis.
Our Top 5 tips for finding your favorite bookie for football
We will provide you with a bookmaker recommendation with the best output for all of our football betting tips for today. However, if you are planning to pick bets on your own, the following will help you get the best available deal on the planet.
Welcome bonuses, free bets, and deposit bonuses are excellent ways to enhance your winnings. You can even use these for long shots or risky bets with massive odds. So, the bonuses offered by a sportsbook along with their wagering requirements are crucial facets to consider while on the hunt for an online sportsbook.
In addition to the various bonuses and free bets, sportsbooks also offer boosted odds on specific betting markets and parlays along with exclusive special markets. For example, we have seen an odds boost of more than 2x on Super Bowl specials in the past. So, always keep an eye out in sportsbooks for boosted odds.
The UI/UX of sportsbooks plays a vital role in your online betting experience. You should be able to navigate through the platform easily, especially while looking for specific betting markets or games in live betting.
If you have prior betting experience, you may already know the importance of responsive and easily accessible customer support. If not, please ensure that the sportsbook you choose has dedicated support teams. Because issues can arise, and when they do, having access to competent support will be crucial.
The flexibility and ease of payment and withdrawal processes is also an essential factor. Some sportsbooks have also started accepting payments and even withdrawals in cryptocurrencies. You can also easily compare sportsbooks using our sportsbook comparison tool, with up to 10 filter options.
Useful football betting tip vocabulary – some commonly seen betting terms
- Parlays – This refers to when you combine betting markets from different matches to make a single bet, thereby enhancing the odds. However, the failure of any one of them results in the whole bet tanking.
- Money Lines – It is the simplest bet, wherein you choose an outright winner or a draw, depending on the sport.
- Spread – In this market, you select either of the teams and predict the point spread either in a + (losing team margin) or – (winning team margin). For example, for a -6 spread bet to win, the team you choose must win by more than 6 points.
- Total – This is more commonly known as over/under and accounts for the total points scored in a match. You can either predict the total to be above or below a threshold and win accordingly. Total markets are usually available for individual teams as well as combined totals.
- No Action – The bet has been canceled, and the sportsbook returns your stake.
- Accas – This is the same as the parlay bet. The difference being, parlays are usually a combination of a small number of individual bets (2-4) while Accas tend to have more bets. Obviously, more markets mean more odds and higher risks.
- Prop Bets – All those bets that are independent of the final result of a game fall under this category.
- Push – The bet has tied, and you get back your stake. For example, if you bet a -3 spread on the Bucs and they win only by 3 points, your bet is a push.
- Futures – It includes markets depending on long-term results like Super Bowl Champions, Conference Champions, MVPs, etc.
Conclusion – you’re all set to bet on football
If you’re into football and betting, then this overview will surely give you a clear understanding of football betting and boost your chances of turning a profit. Bonuses, promotions, competitive odds, and even dedicated customer support play a huge role in your online gambling experience. So, please keep in mind to research well before betting on football. In the meantime, you can compare different sportsbooks and read our experts’ reviews. Also, keep an eye out for experts’ football betting tips this weekend right here at Players Best.
Boost your football bets with these top bonuses
Football betting tips FAQ
Due to the popularity of football in the country, sportsbooks offer a variety of betting markets. There are traditional markets like money lines, spreads, and totals in addition to numerous specials and parlays. However, choosing the best out of these for a particular game requires expert insight and sportsbook comparisons, which you can easily get at Players Best.
Football is undoubtedly America’s favorite sport, as evident with the stardom even for college football stars. Furthermore, betting on our favorite NFL teams and college football team certainly enhances the whole experience by amplifying the thrill of every twist and turn. So, if you’re looking for safe football betting, please visit our experts’ overview on the same for all the information you need.
The recent surge in online gambling users, both worldwide and in the US, saw a host of online sportsbooks entering the US market. This includes some of the oldest bookmakers from Europe and even new American startups. However, since choosing from among them by yourself can be a tad tiresome, you can use this Sportsbook comparison service to filter operators based on your preferences.