Betting can be fun, but it gets even more interesting when the bookmaker has a lot to offer its customers. Bonuses and promotional codes are essential, but an outstanding user experience carries more weight. TwinSpires has mastered the art of balance – maintaining an arsenal of lucrative bonuses all year round while keeping the site and user experience impeccable.
Maybe you are wondering, is TwinSpires Legit? Or are you looking to learn more about this giant betting site? I’ve dug deep into the site’s offerings, bonuses, payment methods, customer support, betting markets, unique features, and everything in between. Keep on reading to discover the greatness on this other side of the sporting world.
- 02. MAY 2007: TwinSpires starts its offer.
- 01. MARCH 2018: Online TwinSpires bookmaker launches under the BetAmerica brand.
- 16. June 2021: We updated our TwinSpires Sports test.
TwinSpires offers horse racing, online casino, and sports betting, all in one place, and players can easily switch from one genre to the other. Bonuses, offers, and the betting markets for the three betting activities vary.
Before compiling this review, I signed up with TwinSpires, made some deposits, banked the bonuses, and placed some bets. I also tested a couple of TwinSpires promo codes and bonuses, and I must say that the site is generous at best. TwinSpires.com loads fast enough, and making deposits or withdrawals is a breeze. I will keep updating this TwinSpires review to ensure you get the latest information and updates you need – just as I did when I asked “Is Hollywood Casino legit?” and when I delved into a Watch and Wager review.
TwinSpires offers horse racing, online casino, and sports betting, all in one place, and players can easily switch from one genre to the other. Bonuses, offers, and the betting markets for the three betting activities vary. Below is a breakdown of the range of activities and offers available under each docket.
TwinSpires Sports Betting
TwinSpires offer sports betting in five states: Colorado, Tennessee, Indiana, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. The site features several sporting events from horse racing, US basketball, football, baseball, Ice Hockey, Motor racing, Euro soccer to Esports, all at competitive odds. Betting markets include Moneyline, Run line, and total runs.
Moneyline is one of the most common markets where players predict the team that will win outrightly. Other markets include point spread, under/over on total points, team, and player prop bets. Most sports bets are placed on horse racing and other popular sports such as basketball, boxing, football, baseball, soccer, and golf.
Depending on the season or sporting events available throughout the year, players can switch from one sporting genre to another, including non-athletic events. Prop bets, for instance, have been made available for award show winners, political elections, outcomes of popular TV shows, etc. Over the years, the less popular sports such as motor racing, rugby, and tennis have gained popularity in the betting world, and TwinSpires offers all these options as well.
The promotional offer available for sports bettors is a $ 1,000 risk-free bonus bet available for new members. At the time of this writing, I checked and confirmed that this offer is available and redeemable using the TwinSpires bonus code FREE1000. To qualify for this promotional offer, players must wager with real money. Similarly, the bonus funds are awarded as free bets hence cannot be withdrawn. However, winnings from wagers using the free bet are withdrawable. The free bets expire after seven days from the day it was credited into the account. Once in, players can opt out of the offer by contacting customer support.
Players residing in Michigan and Pennsylvania states can legally play and bet on casino games offered under TwinSpires Casino. Unlike sports betting, casino games are considered games of luck; hence they come with higher risks and better rewards. Additionally, online casinos, unlike physical casinos, have higher odds with better payback percentages.
Some of the online casino games offered at TwinSpires Casino include poker, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, etc. The best part about playing these games is that players can benefit from the frequent bonuses and offers. TwinSpires offers 10,000 free spins dubbed the “weekend leaderboard,” where the top 50 players who earn the most points over the weekend (from Friday to Sunday) share the big prize pool of $20,000.
Eligible players earn two points for every $ 1 used on slot games. These points build up from Friday to Sunday, and those with the most points share the free spins. The latter isn’t transferable, and players cannot withdraw it from the system. Additionally, winnings from free spins are deposited in the player’s account as site credit. These credits can only be used in the casino. However, players cannot use it on live dealer games.
Popular Bets at TwinSpires
Some of the popular bets at TwinSpires are those tied to horse racing. We’ve compiled a list of the most popular race bets, along with their interpretation.
- Win – an outright win is needed for payout
- Place – This bet wins if the selection finishes in the first or second position.
- Show – This bet wins if the selection finishes in the first, second, or third position.
- Exacta – This bet wins if the player picks the first and second race finishers in the correct order.
- Trifecta – Players must pick the first, second, and third race finishers in the right order to win the bet.
- Superfecta – Players must pick the first, second, third, and fourth race finishers in the correct order to win the bet.
Getting started with TwinSpires is quick and straightforward. All you need to do is sign up for a free wagering account and earn generous TwinSpires sign-up bonuses and promotional offers. Here, you’ll be required to enter contact information such as name, email, and phone number, then verify that you are above 18 or 21 years of age. And most importantly, confirm that you reside in a state where sports betting and casino gambling are legal.
Part two of the three-step registration process requires that you submit your personal information, including current address, date of birth, social security number, etc. All this information is collected and stored safely and securely, so you don’t have to worry about any privacy or data loss issues.
Additionally, TwinSpires is a licensed and legal US betting site, and federal regulations require that the site collect this information to ensure users are of legal age and reside in states where wagering is legal. The company is also committed to protecting the users’ data and will only use it to verify their identity in case of support issues. This means that nobody except the actual account owner can access or claim the account.
The third and final part of the registration process is setting up the username and password. The site recommends that users select unique usernames and passwords. There’s also an option to set security questions for recovering passwords in the future. New users with a TwinSpires promo code can also redeem relevant offers before creating their accounts. Once registration is over, the account is ready to receive cash deposits, place bets, and process withdrawals, subject to TwinSpires terms and conditions.
Before signing up for an account, you want to check the available promotions such as the Trifecta Thursdays, Weekend Pick 4 Winsurance, NBA Playoffs Bonus, Rest of the World Bet Back, etc. These packages are available for all players, while the $200 TwinSpires sign-up bonus is only available for new players. These promotional offers are subject to change, and you always want to visit the TwinSpires offers page for the latest updates. For another great bonus, check out the latest Rivers Casino promo code offer.
TwinSpires offers exceptional customer support services for anyone who has questions or users who need assistance. The site has a dedicated Player Services department that handles emails, phone calls, and live chats. The best part is that these customer support personnel are friendly and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
On the other hand, users who would rather help themselves instead of calling the support center have a well-structured Frequently Asked Questions page. The latter compiles answers for questions related to racing, casino, and sports betting. This makes it a one-stop knowledge and self-help hub that offers guidance and direction for anyone using the site.
As a registered US wagering company, TwinSpires offers several banking options that several other sites do not have. Deposit methods accepted include:
- PayPal – PayPal allows customers to deposit funds to their TwinSpires account if the PayPal account is linked to a US personal bank account. In other words, customers cannot transfer funds from linked credit cards to the TwinSpires wagering account. The transaction is instant but with a service fee of $ 5.
- Credit and Debit cards – TwinSpires accepts both Visa and MasterCard, and users can deposit a minimum of $1 and a maximum of $ 1,000 per transaction. This payment method is instant but with a fee of $ 5.
- PayNearMe – This option allows customers to fund their TwinSpires accounts with cash. All they need to do is visit a PayNearMe outlet, deposit the money and generate a payslip.
- Bank Transfer – TwinSpires users can fund their accounts via ACH/eCheck using the EZMoney deposit option. Here, customers need their accounts and routing numbers to complete an electronic bank transfer. Accepted deposit amount ranges from $ 10 to 1,000 for first-time users. The deposit limit for regular users is $ 2,000. This payment method is free and fast.
- Skrill – this is an online payment option that works like PayPal but with a few minor differences.
- Play + – a prepaid debit card used to make purchases and instant deposits at licensed wagering sites in the U.S. TwinSpires users can sign up for a Play+ account to make online payments and receive payouts.
- Online Bill Pay – this is a secure electronic payment service that allows TwinSpires users to fund their accounts through the bank without writing mails or checks.
- Green Dot – This is a cash deposit method where users generate a customer barcode and redeem it via mobile or by visiting a Green Dot outlet with a printed version. The minimum deposit is $ 20, while the maximum deposit is $ 5,000 per month. The transaction takes a few minutes with a service fee of $4.95.
If you are to withdraw winnings from the casino, there are three options users can choose from. These include:
- Online – Under “My Account,” proceed to “My Funds,” then “Withdraw.” Here, funds can be withdrawn electronically via EZMoney or PayPal or via a check to the user’s physical address.
- In-person – TwinSpires users can withdraw their winnings from supported US Bank kiosks.
- By Phone – Users can speak to the customer service personnel and arrange for them to have their checks delivered to their home address.
As far as taxes are concerned, TwinSpires has implemented the latest changes that allow the company to report threshold winnings of 300-to-1 and a $600 payout. In other words, the IRS requires that bettors pay a federal tax at a rate of 24% after making $600 or more betting on sports.
TwinSpires Mobile App
The TwinSpires Mobile app runs on software developed by Kambi and GAN and features some pretty impressive features. The app’s design, theme, loading times, uptime, and responsiveness are worth a mention. The seamless navigation throughout the app is another plus, considering that there are several features, menus, and betting markets to explore. TwinSpires mobile app is available for iOS and Android users.
TwinSpires Menu and Design
To ensure the best viewing and betting experience, TwinSpires has invested a lot in making its site look as professional and user-friendly as possible. Besides the simplistic design with neutral colors and brilliant navigation features, the homepage allows users to quickly interact with site offers, place bets, browse the betting markets and even reach out for support. This intuitive layout enhances the user experience since everything essential to the users is easily accessible from the homepage.
The TwinSpires App and the official website features in-play betting, which comes complete with integrated game stickers that display live statistics, allowing users to stay updated on the sports proceed before betting. This live-betting feature is one of TwinSpires’ strong suit and one that the company has embraced since 2018, even before switching to Kambi software. With the latter, the experience has improved significantly with comprehensive coverage of both the college and pro-US sports plus medium-sized and major international leagues. Below is a breakdown of the TwinSpires betting features.
Live Horse Racing and Instant Replays
With live horse racing, users can stream videos and data and make changes to their betting strategies. After signing up for a free TwinSpires account, users automatically get access to TwinSpires TV, which acts as the ears and eyes of everything happening at the racing track in real-time. These live video feeds provide wagering and handicapping information, allowing users to know crucial information such as penalties, weather issues, carry weights, dropping odds, etc.
To check the quality of live streams, I ran a couple of tests using different devices with varying screen qualities and resolutions. It’s worth noting that TwinSpires has upgraded its TwinSpires TV platform to eliminate Flash, meaning users can enjoy high-resolution feeds with sharper clarity and better display.
Besides the live streaming and betting options, TwinSpires offers race replays where you can search the archives by date, horse, or track, so you never miss your favorite races.
Free Brisnet Handicapping Resources
TwinSpires gives bettors free access to comprehensive horse racing information – from expert insights and analysis to real-time racing updates and trends. The site also has a wide array of free tools and software that you can use to inform your betting strategies with the flexibility, speed, and accuracy you deserve. Some of the tools come with virtual real-time capabilities that allow you to adjust bets as race info changes. These features give you the flexibility to submit bets as you watch the horses line up just before action time.
A varied Racebook Interface
TwinSpires allow bettors to customize their betting experience by choosing a specific racebook interface of their choice. These interfaces have their unique advantages, such as ease of use and access to particular stats or real-time information. Below are the racebook interfaces offered by TwinSpires.
- TwinSpires Classic – Comes with a clean layout with only the information you need to monitor up to five tracks at a time. This way, you can place your bets with little to no distractions. The simple and straightforward menus display multiple tracks, bet types, wager amounts, etc., allowing you to wager with a few clicks.
- TwinSpires Express – This is an intuitive racebook interface that opens automatically on the track and race you are viewing, helping you place your wager without delays.
- TwinSpires Pro – If you want to access all the betting information without scrolling, this tool will come in handy. It’s designed to help seasoned bettors who want to mix and match betting options in seconds.
Among the many benefits of wagering with TwinSpires is the large pool of stats – from real-time video streams to a database of past events. The site features a free past performance program where you can access some of the best handicapping stats from Brisnet.com. Some of these stats include:
- Ultimate past performances – here, you have access to insights such as speed ratings, pedigree stats, track bias data, and prime power rating. The other stats include horses’ run styles, class, and pace ratings.
- Handicapper’s report – Through the professional clocker service, this feature will keep you updated on the latest trends with a keen emphasis on the runners to watch out for.
- Expert Selections – This is a selection of picks, including insider picks, winner’s choice, and power plays.
Stay Up To Date with TwinSpires Edge
Apart from the handicapping tools and powerful stats resources, TwinSpires has a regularly updated blog, TwinSpires Edge, which offers the latest sports, racing, and casino wagering information. The site also features in-depth game previews, articles, and even racing podcast episodes. Similarly, TwinSpires has an active social media presence where it engages its audience with informative posts, timely updates, and insider event previews.
Other Unique Features
- Conditional Wagering – This feature allows bettors to specify the minimum odds that must be met before the bet/wager is sent for processing. In other words, the bet will only be sent to the tote if the minimum odd threshold is met within the selected timeframe. Conditional wagering gives you control over when and how the wagers get placed.
- Wager cancellation – This feature allows bettors to conveniently cancel a bet within pre-defined limits after submission. The wager cancellation feature is available in the “Recall Today’ Bets” section on the wagering interface.
- Super sign-up bonus – For players willing to bet big, TwinSpires offers a super sign-up bonus of up to $1,000, broken down into four $ 250 and spread over 120 days/ four months. To be eligible for this offer, you must wager a minimum of $5,000 every month to earn $ 250 credit.